top banner

Our History

Martin Schwartz Funeral Homes & Crematory encompasses over 130 years of family and traditions. The Schwartz Funeral Home in Lancaster began as Goble & Son in 1882 and in 1956 was purchased by John and Margaret O'Rourke. In 1986, the O'Rourke funeral home was purchased by Terrence A. Schwartz. He and his partner, Gregory R. Martin, consolidated the funeral homes into Martin Schwartz Funeral Homes & Crematory, in 2001.

 

In 2016 our new Facility, Martin Schwartz Funeral Homes & Crematory in Lancaster opened. We now have our own on site crematory. We currently have the largest funeral home chapel and parking lot in Grant County. In addition, our gathering room can accommodate catered funeral dinners.